ALDI Cares Community Grants Eligibility and Guidelines
Applying for support from ALDI? Please make sure your organization meets these requirements:
- US based 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
- Public or private K-12 school.
- Faith-based organizations that benefit all children in the community.
ALDI’s primary focus is to improve Children’s Health & Wellness, and reduce Food Insecurity, while supporting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs in communities within geographic areas where ALDI has stores, offices or warehouses and conducts business.
ALDI Cares Community Grants does not support:
- Individuals or families. We will not consider donation requests from individuals or families, i.e., for personal assistance, scholarships, stipends, grants, athletic sponsorships or other forms of individual or family support.
- Political candidates, campaigns, committees or organizations.
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine. Faith-based organizations must provide services to all community members regardless of denomination.
- Research grants.
- Individual, collegiate, Greek organizations or fraternity-sorority-related events or fundraisers.
Organizations must maintain sufficient records of their financial and business activities, which comply with U.S. laws and standards, and they must disclose records from the previous reporting year to ALDI upon request.
Programs should demonstrate affordability and sustainability, a lasting impact on the community and a significant and measurable outcome.
Organizations receiving contributions must be in compliance with the requirements of the Equal Opportunities Act, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and other federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Applications are accepted into the program between February 1st – December 15th each year.
- Community grants range from a minimum of $100 to a maximum of $5,000.
- Funding requests should be submitted at least eight weeks prior to the date the requested donation is needed to allow time for application review and payment processing. Applications are reviewed as they are received, and we'll make every effort to review and respond to all requests in a timely manner.
- All organizations applying for a community grant must be verified through YourCause prior to applying. We verify all 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations through YourCause to confirm they meet all IRS requirements to receive grant. If your organization is not listed or you’re unable to be verified through YourCause, please contact YourCause prior to reaching out to ALDI
- Organizations will be asked to provide their IRS Form W-9, most recent IRS Form 990 Schedule A and 501(c)(3) certification or equivalent documentation for public entities, schools and religious organizations.
- Organizations will also have the opportunity to provide supplemental materials related to their application
- Organizations will be asked to apply under the ALDI division closest to their location
- Find your nearest ALDI store and the division in which it is located.
- View an example of how to find your division.
- Organizations can only receive funding once every calendar year
- Organizations that have been denied funding previously may reapply after six months.
- Even if an organization has received funding in the past, the organization must reapply online every year if they wish to be considered for funding.