We’re committed to the well-being of animals in our supply chain and believe that proper animal care practices are based on science and ethical obligations and values. This belief stems from our responsibility to our customers and the environment which is stated in our CR Principles.
While we don’t raise animals or own or operate processing facilities, we’re dedicated to ethically sourcing our meat, poultry, dairy and egg products. We aim to work with suppliers who share this commitment and understand we do not tolerate animal abuse or neglect throughout our supply chain.
ALDI US encourages adherence to the following programs, as relevant, as evidence of commitment to animal welfare:
- Eggs - United Egg Producers (UEP) guidelines and Certified Humane
- Beef - Beef Quality Assurance Program and the North American Meat Institute 2017 Recommended Animal Handling Guidelines and Audit Guide
- Dairy - National Dairy FARM Program guidelines
- Pork - Pork Quality Assurance Plus, National Pork Board Common Industry Audit guidelines and the North American Meat Institute 2017 Recommended Animal Handling Guidelines Audit Guide
- Poultry - National Chicken Council and National Turkey Federation guidelines
To learn more about our commitments please review our ALDI Animal Welfare Policy