ALDI Update (April 2, 2020)
Update for Customers Regarding Enhanced Safety Measures
As we navigate the changes brought about by the spread of COVID-19, we want you to know that, above all else, we remain committed to the safety and well-being of our employees and customers.
Over the past several weeks, we’ve intensified cleaning practices in all our facilities and have issued health and safety guidance for our employees and customers to follow within our stores. To support our team members, we’ve put in place temporary wage increases, increased scheduling flexibility and made changes to our store hours. In addition, we’ve significantly increased our hiring efforts and have donated $1 million to community organizations to support those in need.
As we work to keep our stores clean and stocked, we’ve made a number of changes to further promote health and safety. Below is an update on several new measures we are implementing:
- Personal protective equipment: Although the CDC does not require our team to use gloves or masks, we are actively sourcing personal protective equipment for our employees to use, upon request. Disposable gloves have begun deploying this week and over the next week we will start to ship masks, as supplies permit.
- Social distancing signage: Across the country, we have been installing signage and floor decals in our stores to remind our employees and customers to maintain a safe distance – at least 6 feet – from one another.
- Protective barriers at checkout: Temporary checklane panels started rolling out to stores this week.
- Cart cleanliness and safety:
- Cart cleaning procedures: To enhance our already robust cleaning measures, we are increasing the frequency of cart cleaning throughout the day.
- Discontinuing cart-to-cart transfers: Effective immediately, we’re suspending the practice of placing customers’ scanned items into a different shopping cart at checkout. Our customers will now keep the cart they started with throughout their entire visit to ensure the best possible hygiene and safety for all.
Please continue to follow guidance from the CDC, which advises to clean your hands often, practice social distancing, cover coughs and sneezes, and clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces. As a reminder, we are also reserving time for vulnerable shoppers on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:30 to 9:30.
Your safety remains our highest priority. Rest assured that ALDI stores will remain open to meet your grocery needs. Thank you for your continued support.