ALDI COVID-19 Updates
ALDI Update (March 25, 2020)
An Update for Our Customers
Now more than ever, our service to the community is critical. As more Americans are advised to stay home, we want to reassure you that ALDI stores will remain open and our focus is to keep our shelves stocked.
We are extremely proud of and grateful for our amazing team and network of partners who are working harder than ever to serve you and your families. Here are a few ways we are continuing to support our team during this challenging time:
- Wage increases: We recently implemented temporary wage increases for those who work in our stores and warehouses to offer extra support during this challenging time.
- Hiring in stores and warehouses: Over the past week, we’ve hired nearly 7,500 employees and we are continuing to hire more each day. Anyone interested in a temporary position in a store or warehouse can apply using this link.
- Prioritizing well-being: We’ve adjusted our sick leave policy to ensure employees can put their health first and stay home when they aren’t feeling well.
- Giving back to our communities: We are donating $1 million to community organizations to support those in need.
We want to share some additional updates with you on how we are continuing to respond to COVID-19:
- Hours for vulnerable customers: On Tuesdays and Thursdays, ALDI stores will open at 8:30 a.m. and reserve the first hour of business for vulnerable shoppers. This includes senior citizens, expectant mothers and those with underlying health concerns.
- Protection at checkout: We are taking steps to install protective barriers at our registers for the health and safety of our customers and employees.
- Social distancing: We are posting visual cues in our stores, including signage and floor decals, and asking our customers and employees to observe social distancing.
We thank you for your ongoing support, it means so much to the entire ALDI team! We’re here for you today, and will continue to be here for you.